- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health
A Master’s in Public Administration, or MPA degree can lead to a variety of rewarding career options. In order to better understand your career future, you need to explore the salary and job outlook within the field. With resources like the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and others, you can learn so much about what you can expect to earn in your preferred field and what job opportunities will be like once you obtain your MPA degree.
The salary projections around the world are limited because most countries don’t standardize and collect salary information and data like the U.S. does. However, if you look at domestic statistics, you can get a relative idea of what you can expect to earn in a field related to Public Administration as an MPA degree program graduate. The average income for this field is around $68,000 annually, but that is relative to the type of position you take on, public vs. private sector jobs, and where you work.
Here are some salary ranges for MPA-related careers:
- Executives and Directors: $34,000-$60,000
- Analysts: $35,000-$75,000
- Human Resources/Services: $55,000-$97,000
- Non-profit Executive: $100,000
- Non-profit Research: $66,000
According to research, MPA degree graduates stand to earn far more than their non-degree holding counterparts. Before an MPA degree, only about 24% of professionals will earn more than $50,000. After an MPA degree is earned, 53% of professionals will be in the $50,000+ range for salary expectations in their career. That’s more than double the income potential just for getting an MPA degree.
Career Projections are Bright
The future of careers in Public Administration is quite impressive. With more opportunities presenting themselves on a regular basis, people will have a chance to put their MPA degree to work in many different areas. Projections are expected to increase in the coming decade, both in the U.S. and around the world, creating opportunities for all MPA grads to get a career that they can depend on for a substantial income and secure future. Keep in mind that:
- Public Administration is ever-changing and requires new professionals who know what they are doing. Therefore, your MPA degree will be very useful in helping you get the rewarding career that you deserve.
- Public Administration careers come in private, public and non-profit sector positions. The opportunities and salary expectations vary from one sector to another, so you should research your specific area of interest to learn more about your future options.
- Public Administration is all about serving others. You will be helping make changes in the world around you and connecting with the way that the world works, which is a reward in itself that salary cannot measure.
Choosing Your Field
There are a variety of specializations and careers that you can take on with your MPA degree. Choosing your field of work will vastly impact your salary and job outlook, which is why it is important for you to study up on this industry before you choose your career. If you have a preferred area of interest already, that’s a good place to start. However, if you are just looking for a chance to make a significant income and get the best opportunities, you can base your career choice on salary and job outlook research to help you make a decision. Ultimately, it’s going to be up to you, but there is no shortage of opportunities for high-paying, rewarding careers in Public Administration for MPA degree program grads.