- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
1901 E South Campus Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
MPH Program Overview
Those enrolling in the MPH program at the University of Utah are enrolling into a 45 credit hour professional program. While intended for full time students, part time options do exist as well and students will obviously take longer to graduate when enrolling in a part time program. The program involves 270 hours of field work in order to graduate, which counts for six credit hours of course credit. The program is available on campus only with no online options available at this time.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The program curriculum adheres primarily to the core curriculum that makes up the foundation of the public health field. Core classes in programs like the following are the backbone of the program.
• Environmental Health
• Occupational Health
• Public Health Administration
• Social and Community Health
Along with these core classes there will be various electives available that help guide the student’s education towards a specific goal. Concentrations in the above fields can help lead to a more desirable career depending upon overall interests. Additionally, the program requires the previously mentioned field work.
Students will be required to submit several documents and meet various criteria in order to qualify for admission into the program. These include:
• GPA of 3.0
• GRE Scores from within the last five years
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Letters of recommendation
• Statement of intent
• Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate level studies
• TOEFL Scores for students who don’t speak English as their native language
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
There are numerous factors that can influence the tuition costs of an MPH program. As a result, the school offers a totally free tuition calculator on their website. In most cases, tuition is charged at 204.76 per credit hour. There is also information about grants, loans, and other financial aid programs available to those who need them on the school’s website.