- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
College of Public Health
University of South Florida
13201 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
MPH Program Overview
The Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice prepares already experienced health professionals to lead multidisciplinary teams so that they can implement and evaluate programs that impact the public. Students will attain skills in: public health practice; epidemiology; program focusing on cultural, social, economic, legal, and ethical factors; community based health policy, program planning, budgeting and management.
The mission of the University of South Florida Master of Public Health program is to provide an online learning experience that allows students to work with like-minded, dedicated professionals in a real-world environment. The flexibility of this online program allows students to work in the public health field while obtaining their education. Many students enrolled in South Florida’s online MPH are in fact working in various state Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, making their mark on public health while studying and completing their coursework on their own schedule.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The South Florida MPH program consists of 43 credits beginning with 15 credits of core course work including:
- Principles of Health Policy and Management
- Social and Behavioral Sciences as Applied to Health
- Environmental and Occupational Health
This MPH will also require 12 credits of electives. These may be courses specific to the graduate certificate or courses that have been approved by a program adviser.
The following are 12 additional credits that are required for the MPH:
- Public Health Law and Ethics
- Community Partnerships and Advocacy
- Public Health Practice Seminar
Finally, to complete the degree program students will have to complete four credits of graduation requirements. These consist of a special project and supervised field experience. There will also be a comprehensive exam given as part of the seminar.
A complete application for the South Florida MPH will include a SOPHAS application and a USF graduate school application in addition to the following:
- Minimum of 2 recommendations
- GRE Scores
- Statement of purpose and objectives
- Curriculum Vitae
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
The tuition for this MPH program is approximately $14,000 per year. USF offers a variety of scholarships, grants, fellowships, and work-study programs. Both internal and external funding options are available for those attempting to obtain an MPH at this university.