- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
Section of Public Health
University of Sheffield
Regent Court 2037
30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 0683 Fax: +44 (0) 114 272 4095
MPH Program Overview
The Sheffield Master of Public Health seeks to provide students with a firm understanding of the basic principles and practice of public health. Program objectives will leave students with a thorough understanding of both global and national public health matters, insight into driving forces of reform in health systems and the impact these may have on future public health policy on a diverse global scale, an understanding of the tools available for the methodical evaluation of public health needs, and an awareness of how research may be applicable to the study of public health.
The Sheffield MPH is suited to both clinical and non-clinical professionals aspiring to be leaders in health care organizations in the UK or in their own country. Students will work alongside others in the program, enabling them to broaden their awareness of worldwide health issues as two-thirds of Sheffield MPH students come from overseas countries.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The design of the Sheffield MPH program is geared toward progression from fundamentals of public health content to a range of more advanced topics. The course begins with core modules that introduce key issues in global public health assessment of public health need. Topics include:
- Key Issues in Global Public Health
- Intro to Research Methods
- Intro to Statistics and Critical Appraisal
- Health Needs Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
Following the core work, students may choose from a vast array of optional courses. Completion of the degree then requires a final dissertation demonstrating a student’s aptitude in a subject of their personal interest.
Entry requirements for the Sheffield MPH program include:
- Bachelors Honors Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject OR
- Work experience equivalent to degree
- Fluency in English speaking and writing.
- Personal Statement
Because acceptance into Sheffield masters programs is highly competitive, applicants should be sure that all necessary documentation is included with their application.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
The home fee for the Sheffield MPH is £5,730. For overseas students it is £16,610.
Sheffield offers funding options for postgraduate taught students, postgraduate research students, and international students. Different options for UK, EU, and international students can be found on the Scholarships page of the Sheffield website.