- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
University of Oklahoma College of Public Health
801 N.E. 13th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
(401) 271-2232 Toll Free: 877-805-6901
MPH Program Overview
The University of Oklahoma Master of Public Health degree program is designed to prepare already practicing public health for leadership roles in their professional sphere.
The program offers options for special emphasis in five primary disciplines including: Biostatistics, Occupational and Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Health Promotion Sciences, and Health Administration and Policy. There are also two specialty tracks: Public Health Preparedness and Terrorism, and General Public Health.
Students who have already decided on a specialty area will be able to pursue the option of their choice following acceptance into the correlating department or program and enrollment in at least three core courses. Students who are undecided about which area to pursue may begin core coursework but must choose a specialty within the first 22 credit hours of enrollment.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
All MPH students must complete the following core public health courses within the first 22 credit hours in the program:
- Biostatistics Methods 1
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health
- Environmental Health
- U.S. Health Care System
After core work, the Culminating Experience of the MPH will ensue. The Culminating Experience amounts to the final phase of the MPH and includes:
- Integrated Public Health Practice
- Practicum Preparation Seminar
- Public Health Practicum (240 hours)
- MPH Master’s Paper
- Comprehensive Oral Examination
All MPH programs consist of a total of 44 credits.
All Master’s programs at the University of Oklahoma require:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher using the upper-level coursework of the bachelor’s degree for calculation
- A score of 88 or above on the TOEFL (for international applicants.)
All applicants must apply via the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS). All application materials must be sent to SOPHAS, not to the College of Public Health.
Full application guidelines and a full list of application materials can be found on the College of Public Health’s admissions webpage.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and fees for first year residents at the University of Oklahoma College of Public Health is currently $10,018.
Financial assistance opportunities available for this MPH include scholarships, loans, grants, veteran’s services, and student employment.
All prospective students are also encouraged to fill out the FAFSA on the web.