- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health
501 North Columbia Road, Stop 9037
Grand Forks ND 58202
MPH Program Overview
This MPH program consists of 42 credit hours. You can complete it in two years full time or three to five years part time. The program has a distance education option. Included in the program is a 240 hour practical public health experience, or practicum. It may be completed either near campus or near your home, if you are taking the MPH program online.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The MPH program at the University of North Dakota covers all of the necessary public health subject areas, including epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, behavioral science, and health management and policy. This MPH program has two concentrations – Population Health Research and Evaluation, and Health Management and Policy.
Each program will prepare you to work in population health improvement in many diverse communities in North Dakota and elsewhere. You will have training specific to your specialty, but both specializations also will emphasize the importance of developing strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
Core classes are:
- Leading and Managing Public Health Systems
- Health Care Delivery Systems
- Environmental Health for Public Health Professionals
- Biostatistics I
- Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health
To be admitted into this competitive MPH program, you will need to have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher. Any classes related to public health should have a GPA of higher than 3.0.
- Some type of standardized test score must be provided, such as GRE, MCAT, GMAT or LSAT. There is no minimum score requirement, but your performance on the test is used to indicate your potential verbal and quantitative abilities in this MPH program.
- Written statement of purpose
- Bachelor’s degree transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Graduate degree tuition costs $600 per credit for in state residents, and $900 per credit for out of state residents plus fees. There are many financial aid options available, including federal loans, fellowships and scholarships. Please contact the financial aid office to determine your eligibility for aid.