- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
1664 North Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89557
MPH Program Overview
The MPH program from the University of Nevada is designed with two different areas of specialization and with the option to earn dual degrees. The on campus forty five credit program is designed to focus on the core curriculum and then allow students to choose the area of specialization they want to complete. It involves an internship worth six credits and culminates with a capstone project that highlights their understanding of the program.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The program here begins with completion of the core classes that form the backbone of the program. These make up eighteen credits worth of the program and include:
• Health and the Environment
• Research Methods
• Health Policy and Administration
• Biostatistics in Public Health
• Social and Behavioral Dimensions of Health
• Epidemiology in Public Health
After these core classes are completed, electives that focus on one of the two concentration areas will be taken. Those enrolling in the Epidemiology concentration will take classes including:
• Health Informatics
• Outbreak Investigation
• Applied Health Data Analysis
• Epidemiology II – Theory and Application.
Those enrolling in the Social and Behavioral Health Concentration will take classes including:
• Culture and Diversity in Public Health
• Program Planning and Grant Writing
• Health Promotion Theory
• Spirituality and Health
Those hoping to enroll in the MPH program from the University of Nevada will need to submit several materials and meet numerous requirements. These include:
• 3.0 GPA
• Bachelor’s or higher degree
• Letter of intent
• Letters of recommendation
• Completed application
• Application fee
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Those applying to the University of Nevada MPH program will be able to utilize numerous financial aid options including loans and grants, as well as graduate assistance programs like fellowships or assistantships. The overall costs of the program will vary depending upon the student’s residency and various other factors. A financial advisor can help explain more about these costs.