- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
420 Delaware St SE # Mmc88 Minneapolis, MN 55455
MPH Program Overview
The MPH Program from the University of Minnesota Twin Cities School of public Health is designed for students who are looking to enter a variety of research or leadership based roles in the public health sector. With numerous different competency areas this campus based program is one of the most in depth available. All of the areas are fully accredited and requires students to complete a master’s capstone project as well as field experience, although no written examination is required for graduation. Depending on the program, some are available through distance education as well as on campus.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The MPH Program is made up of several different core areas of study. The program is 42 credits long and initially students will take the core classes. These will be followed by specific electives that create a concentration area in one of the many different specialization areas within the MPH field. These specialization areas are:
• Maternal and Child Health – available online and on campus
• Public Health Medicine
• Community Health Promotion
• Veterinary Public Health
• Environmental Health
• Public Health Nutrition
• Executive Program in Public Health Practice
• Public Health Administration and Policy
Students will need to submit several items and meet several requirements when they apply to the MPH program including:
• GPA of 3.0
• Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited school
• Three years leadership experience in a health facility if applying for Executive MPH
• Current employment in a healthcare facility if applying for Executive MPH
• Letter of intent
• Letters of Recommendation
• GRE Scores
• Completed SOPHAS application
• TOESL scores if a non-native English speaking student
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
The total cost of the MPH program is 54,500 dollars for the executive program and will be charged on a per-credit hour rate in most other cases. The specific tuition charge will vary based on program and residency. Numerous Federal Student Aid options, scholarships, grants, and more exist to help finance the program.