- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
PO Box 249117 Coral Gables, FL 33124-9117
MPH Program Overview
The MPH program offered by the University of Miami is one of the best in the nation and is fully accredited. It is a 45 semester hour program designed to be completed by full time students in just two years. It features campus based classes along with an in depth capstone project designed to help students utilize their skills in a real world setting and display their mastery of the subject.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The MPH program features classes that cover the core courses of the MPH field. These core concentrations are:
• Public Health Administration
• Health Education and Behavior
• Environmental Health
These courses provide a total education on all the skills needed to enter research and leadership roles after graduation.
Several different things must be included in an application package in order for a student to be considered for enrollment in the course. These include:
• Four hundred word letter of personal intent
• Application fee
• GRE scores from within the last five years
• Three letters of recommendation
• GPA of 3.0
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Transcript from all college studies completed
• TOEFL scores if students are international
• Completed application form
Once that these items are submitted to the admissions board the review process will begin. Competition for acceptance is robust, and the school only accepts a percentage of those applying for the program each year.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition at the MPH Program is based upon a per-credit tuition charge. The per-credit fee is 1,600 dollars along with various fees and charges. Those hoping for financial aid will have several options including things like mentorships, assistantships, and fellowships. Loans, grants, and scholarships may also be available for those who qualify. Students can find out more information on the school’s website or from a financial advisor.