- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA 01003
MPH Program Overview
The University of Massachusetts offers a solid MPH program and also has the oldest fully online MPH program in the nation. For more than ten years this school has provided a fully accredited, totally online MPH program that is one of the best in the nation. Those enrolling can complete the program at their own pace and reach all the goals needed to assume research and leadership role in the public health field.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The 42 credit hour MPH program from the University of Massachusetts is designed to encompass all of the areas involved in the public health field and ends with a capstone experience that utilizes a real world experience that applies their skills learned during the program. The entire program can be completed without even visiting the campus. Core classes in the program include the following
• Environmental Health Practices
• Introductory Biostatistics
• Application of Social and Behavior Theories in Public Health Interventions
• Principles of Epidemiology
• Introduction to the US Health Care System
Students then choose six electives from a number of courses including:
• Emerging Diseases
• Communication Theory
• Ethical Issues in Public Health
• Comparative Health Care Systems
Admissions require several different things including:
• 2.75 undergraduate GPA
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Three years full time experience working in public health or health care positions
• Currently employed in a public health or health care position or enrolled in a medical residency
If these are met, online application information can be found on the school’s website and submitted online along with other documents including GRE scores, resume, transcripts, and letters of recommendation.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Due to the fact that the online program isn’t campus based, many financial aid options aren’t possible such as fellowships or assistantships. Loans or grants are the more common financial aid options and many employers provide financial aid as well. Overall costs will depend on full or part time status and online or offline options and more info is on the school’s website.