- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health
410 Administration Dr Lexington, KY 40506
MPH Program Overview
Involving a total of 42 credit hours, the MPH program from the University Of Kentucky College Of Public Health is fully accredited and designed to provide students with the skills they need to assume leadership and research roles in the public health field. The program is campus based and features research work in addition to standard classwork to help provide a hands-on experience students will use throughout their careers.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The core courses of the MPH program make up fifteen semester hours of the program and include:
• Occupational/Environmental Health
• Public Health and Disease Prevention
• Public Health Organization Management
Additionally there will be fifteen semester hours that are made up of electives within your chosen area of specialization. These areas of specialization largely match the core classes listed above and are:
• Health Behavior
• Preventative Medicine and Environmental Health
• Health Services Management
The program also involves practicum field experience and a capstone project in addition to the research experience.
Students must submit a number of materials in addition to the completed application including:
• Transcripts showing GPA of 2.75, 3.0 preferred
• GRE Scores combined in the fiftieth percentile
• Letters of recommendation
• Statement of intent
• TOEFL scores if not a native English-speaker
The GRE scores will be waived for those holding doctorate degrees. Students must submit an application to the University Of Kentucky Graduate School as well as to the College of Public Health.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Nonresidents pay a semester tuition of 10,163 dollars or pay 1,100 dollars per credit hour. Residents pay 519 dollars per credit hour or 4,933 dollars for a semester. There are numerous scholarship, fellowship, and assistantship programs available that can help provide a way to pay for an education and numerous eligibility requirements exist for each one. In short, there are plenty of different ways to pay for an education through this program.