- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
2600 Campus Road, QLC 001. Honolulu, HI 96822
MPH Program Overview
The MPH Program from the University of Hawaii provides a quality education and respected degree that allows students to focus on one of three different areas of specialty. The program is designed to allow students to work through a multicultural, multidisciplinary setting and achieve results that will enhance the quality of health for entire populations. The program is campus based and normally requires two years to complete in a full time setting, or up to five years for completion in a part time setting. A thesis or practicum and capstone will also be required, though the specifics will vary depending on the area of specialization.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The specific curriculum and coursework will vary greatly depending upon which of the three areas of specialty one chooses to pursue during enrollment in the MPH program here.
• Health Policy and Management
• Social and Behavioral Health Sciences
While each of these three programs will share several core classes between them, they will also feature a number of specialized classes that focus on the area in question.
Students must meet the University of Hawaii Graduate School admission requirements as well as additional requirements. Some of the required materials include:
• GRE Scores
• Transcripts showing Bachelor’s or higher degree and a 3.0 GPA
• One year coursework in biological science, calculus, and chemistry
• Letters of recommendation
• Statement of Intent
Additionally, computers skills are required and actual work experience in the health field is highly preferred for admission.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Residents of Hawaii will pay full time tuition fees of 5,796 dollars or 483 dollars per credit hour if they are part time students. Nonresidents will be charged 1,173 dollars per credit if part time and 14,076 dollars if they are full time students. Those enrolling in the program can find a variety of scholarships, grants, and loans available as well as some other programs like assistantships or mentorships that could help pay for the program.