- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
249 Glenbrook Road, Storrs, CT 06269
MPH Program Overview
The MPH program from the University of Connecticut is a fully accredited program that allows students to enhance their education and master a variety of skills that will help them improve the overall health of the population. It’s a 48 credit program that is designed for full or part time students. The program is campus based and concludes with the completion of a capstone project, usually either an essay, a thesis, or another type of project designed to demonstrate a mastery of the subject matter.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The MPH program involves completion of sixteen different courses. These are divided between the core classes that make up the backbone of the MPH field:
• Social Sciences
• Environmental Health
• Health Systems Administration
• Public Health Law
• Research Methods
Once that these programs are completed the student can then choose a specialized area of study and complete five to seven electives to help focus on those skills, in addition to completion of the practicum and the capstone project.
Along with a completed application and transcripts from your undergraduate college, other materials must be submitted as well. These are:
• Personal Letter of Application
• Three Letters of Recommendation
• GRE Scores
• Residence Affidavit
• TOEFL Scores – for International applicants
The school offers an online application process as well that can greatly speed up and simplify the process.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition fees of 5,112 dollars for residents and 13,266 dollars for nonresidents are charged to full time students. The school also charges numerous fees that cover a variety of different issues. Those applying for admissions will be able to review a number of different financial aid options including:
• Student Loans
and more, including the possibility of employer assistance in some cases. A financial officer can assist with more information on the various options for financial aid.