- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
Thammasat University MPH Program
Faculty of Public Health, Thammasat University (Rungsit Campus)
Piyachart Building 10th Floor, Klong Luang, Rangsit
Pathumthani 12121, Thailand
(+662) 986-9213-9 EX. 7400
MPH Program Overview
The goal of the MPH program at Thammasat University in India is to give the public health professional a curriculum that gives you the most broad and holistic perspective on public health. Also, it intends to give you the knowledge, skills and analytical tools that will help you to become the most effective leader in the practice of public health. You also will be provided with the tools to protect, promote and build the health of at need populations around the world.
Some of the competencies that are addressed in this international MPH program include:
- Apply theories in these areas: epidemiology, economic, social development, political analysis, to the classification and elaboration of threats to global health.
- Have a better understanding of the functions and capacities of various government and non-government organizations, and learn how that they can influence public health policy on many different levels.
- Take a hard look at the outcomes, impacts, inputs, processes and interventions in global public health. Learn how to make the appropriate choices about the appropriate qualitative and quantitative methods of analysis.
- Gain a better understanding of the many ethical issues that are involved in the research of public health, control of diseases, promotion of health, systems of health and also professional practice of public health in global health situations and settings.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
Some of the courses that you will take in this international public health program include:
- Applied Biostatistics for Global Health
- Global Health Policy and Planning
- Research Methods
- Public Health Seminars
- Applied Epidemiology
- Global Environmental Health
- Disease, Conditions and Programs
- Human Security and Public Health
- Globalizations and Health Systems
There also are several elective courses you may choose to take, such as Introduction to Health Economics and Global Mental Health.
You also will need to complete a pre-MPH program workshop where you are introduced to the important public health principles of systems theory, perceptions/critical thinking, logic and reasoning, problem solving models, and cross cultural issues.
To apply to the international MPH program at Thammasat University, you must have a bachelor’s degree in public health, health, or any field from an accredited university. You need to have at least a 2.5 GPA, and have at least two years of professional public health experience.
Other requirements for admission are standardized test scores, college transcripts, recommendation letters, and an interview.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for this MPH is $5300 per course, for a total of approximately $75,000. For information about any financial aid and scholarships that are available, it is necessary for you to contact the admissions office at Thammasat University.