- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
Makerere University School of Public Health – Uganda
New Mulago Hospital Complex
P.O. Box 22864
+256 (0) 414 269 003
MPH Program Overview
The MPH Program at the Makerere University School of Public Health falls under the College of Health Sciences at Makerere University. The school is committed to creating an environment where students can learn competencies in research methods, consultancy, teaching and training, and learn about community and civic service. These competencies allow students to become skilled public health professionals who can develop innovative methods to address public health challenges in a community. Five different programs exist:
- Department of Health Policy
- Planning and Management
- Department of Disease Control and Environmental Health
- Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Department of Community Health and Behavioural Sciences
In addition to the offerings above, the school also houses the Regional Centre for Quality of Health Care.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The coursework required for the Master of Public Health (MPH) takes two years, not including final examinations or three to five years part time with a field research project and exams. Depending on the program you choose you could be taking courses such as:
- Primary Healthcare
- Family Health
- Public Health Nutrition
The school also offers short courses to graduates as a response to the growing demand of skilled public health workers to develop analytical skills and research methods at their places of employment.
In order to fulfill admission requirements for the full time MPH program at Makerere University School of Public Health one must have a degree in health sciences and two years field experience
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for this program varies depending on the MPH field of study. The rate per tuition hour for the university is $607. For information about financial aid, tuition and fees and the application process itself it is advised that prospective students contact the admissions office via email or phone, as the University’s website lack some of the crucial information.