- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine MPH Program
University of London International Programs
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Ground Floor, Stewart House
32 Russell Square
London, WC1B 5DN
Tel: +44 (0)20 7862 8360
Fax: +44 (0)20 7862 8358
MPH Program Overview
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine MPH is an online program designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for the improvement of health in global populations as well as smaller communities and particular groups within those communities. Studies will prepare students to excel in the promotion of health and prevention of diseases; the evaluation of treatment and care; and the investigation and maintenance of environmental factors that threaten public health.
Like the London-based courses, the online MPH program provides a multidisciplinary perspective, intermingling a variety of disciplines from the health and social sciences. The courses in this MPH are highly interactive and use activities and exercises designed to enhance the experience that each student brings to the program. Courses in this MPH cover public health in low, middle and high-income environments and allow the students the option to follow a broader curriculum, or to concentrate on a specialized area of public health.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
Upon completion of this MPH, students will be capable of demonstrating an ability to apply the knowledge of core public health disciplines to real world health problems. The compulsory core modules that will deliver the base of this knowledge include:
- Principles of Social Research
- Statistics for Public Health and Policy
- Intro to Health Economics
In addition to these core modules, students must select two of the following:
- Health Services
- Health Promotion Theory
- Issues in Public Health
- Environment, Health, and Sustainable Development
- Health Policy, Process, and Power.
Completion of these 6 courses fulfills the requirements for the postgraduate certificate. Students seeking the postgraduate diploma must complete four more courses of elective work. For the MSc, students must choose eight electives, or 5 and a final year project.
All applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Second Class Honors Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a relevant field.
- Must be able to speak and write English
Students who do not meet all of these requirements may still be considered for admission at the school’s discretion based on their academic background, application essay, references and work experience.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for the LSHTM MPH is currently £11,400 for the MSc; £9,010 for the diploma, and £6,610 for the certificate.
There are a number of scholarship opportunities available at LSHTM and there are efforts to provide even more opportunities for UK and overseas students alike. See the schools website for a complete list of scholarships and other funding options.
LSHTM also accepts U.S. Federal Direct Loans as well as Career Development Loans (UK only.)