921 South 8th Avenue STOP 8002 Pocatello, Idaho 83209-8109
MPH Program Overview
As the only MPH Program in the state of Idaho that is actually accredited by the CEPH – the Council on Education for Public Health – Idaho State University’s MPH program is one of the best in the area. It offers a deep understanding of all the various subjects that make up this field and is often taken by students working full time jobs during the school year. Summer sessions and evening sessions are the main components of this program, making it possible for those who are employed in the field to find the time and means to fit their education into their busy schedules.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
The MPH Program at Idaho State University entails forty eight credits and is made up of several courses that each focus on a different aspect of the field. Courses include:
• Research and Writing
• Health Program Planning
• Applications in Epidemiology
• Health Behavior Change Theory and Application
• Seminar in Community or Public Health
• Technological App. In Public Health
• US and Global Health Systems
• Leadership and Administration
• Social and Cultural Perspectives in Public Health
• Environmental and Occupational Health
These classes total thirty three credits. Additionally, an internship and thesis must be completed as well and make up the remaining fifteen credits needed for graduation from the class.
Several different requirements exist for admission into this program.
• 3.0 GPA during undergraduate program
• Scores within the fortieth percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the GRE
• Two letters of recommendation
• Two years of experience working in a health related occupation isn’t required but is highly preferred.
• An essay with personal statement of goals
• TESOL completion for foreign students.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Total cost of attendance is 3,575 per semester for resident students and 9,475 dollars for nonresidents. Part time students pay by the credit, 358 dollars per credit for residents and 548 dollars for nonresidents. Other fees or different tuition costs may exist as well. There are many financial aid options available at ISU.