677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115-6018
The Harvard School of Public Health now offers a master’s degree in healthcare management that is related to its public health offerings. This program will give you top quality management skills to complement your skills as a medical practitioner. This master’s degree program will keep you highly informed about the top issues in the U.S. healthcare system.
Some of what you will learn in this Harvard program includes:
- Strong leadership skills that will enhance your ability to collaborate
- Stronger understanding of what causes organizations to not function right
- Better grasp of business vocabulary and business skills that can be leveraged in a healthcare environment
After you have completed this master’s degree in healthcare management, you will be able to improve healthcare outcomes in many ways. Some of the programs that other students have completed in the past after completing this master’s degree include:
- Implemented a program to cut the stay length in a cardiac facility
- Implemented program to improve wound care to boost quality and cut costs
- Reorganized services in cardiac facility to boost market focus and doctor accountability
This master’s degree applies disciplines of business management with health care sector practices. For example, you will study:
- Management and operations
- Organizational behavior
- Control and accounting
- Management of finances
- IT systems
- Communication and negotiation
MPH Admission Process
To be considered into this elite program, you need to include a strong statement of purpose, a resume, college transcripts (official), three reference letters, MCAT or GRE scores, and have a GPA of at least 3.0 from your bachelor’s degree program.
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
The total online program cost is $67,500. This program usually is completed in two years. This is a part time program, so it is not eligible for federal student aid. Harvard has a page of financial aid for this program where you can learn more about scholarships and private loans to help pay for your education.