Milken Institute School of Public Health
Gillings School of Global Public Health
The MPH in public health management is an excellent choice for professionals who are interested in managing or directing programs in both domestic and international health agencies. The curriculum in the public health management program typically is based around a set of core competencies that define excellence in the field of health management and policy. These usually include measurement and analysis, communication, leadership, law and ethics and professional development.
There are both online and on campus MPH programs in this specialty, which are listed below.
- Capella University: (This Program is 100% Online. Highly Recommended) With your Master of General Public Health, and with concentrations in Health Management and Policy, and Social and Behavioral Sciences, you will gain a deeper knowledge of the concepts of public health, the practices and theories and also improve your ability to work with other people in both the private and public sector whose work is often in the arena of public health. The curriculum focuses on public health concepts in the environment, the principles of biostatistics and epidemiology, and public health administration. This is one of the most well rounded Online MPH programs for future careers in private and public sectors.
- University of Liverpool: (Highly Recommended & 100% Online!) This international track of this Masters in Public Health stresses a total analysis of infectious diseases, nutrition, environmental health, infrastructure of health care and health project management in an international atmosphere, particularly in Third World countries.
- Loyola University: This program will prepare you for leadership roles in the health care field, and effectively combines administrative theory and practice with health care informatics and outcomes performance management. You will also need to complete a practicum and a capstone project.
- University of Michigan: This is one of the top programs in the US, that is focused on coursework in health services systems, accounting, health policy, economics, organizational theory, health information technology, biostatistics, quantitative methods, and epidemiology.
- Portland State: This program combines the overall public health training with very specific courses in policy and health management, which will ready you for many different careers in the area of health services administration, policy, planning, consulting and more.
- Boston University: You will explore the links between the policy of health care and effective management. You will incorporate skills and concepts from finance, management and policy analysis. This degree is perfect for students who want a career in management of a health care facility, or for analysts in both private and public organizations.
- Berkeley: You will be readied for careers in senior leadership roles in health services and policy management, and to do research and disseminate knowledge that will better advance the organization, finance and delivery of superior health care services.
- University of New Hampshire: The focus of this MPH is on instruction, research and service. You will be prepared for a wide variety of important roles in public health organizations, and will be able to contribute to the knowledge in the field of public health through developing new data and research.
- University of Texas: You will be provided with a very solid footing for management positions in a healthcare organization. This program provides you with excellent training if you are interested in administration and management in hospitals, public health agencies, nursing homes, health systems, and also pharmaceutical companies.
- San Diego State University: You will receive advanced training in how to best meet the challenges of the health care community and marketplace. The coursework in this program is in the environment, management and organizations, and finance.
- New York Medical College: You will be able to explain the key issues in development, financing and delivery of health policy; identify new models and trends in health care finance; interpret fiscal, legal and organizational analyses for clinical and business decisions; and demonstrate a solid understanding of processes to boost patient care outcomes.
- Portland State: This program combines broad public health training with training in health policy and management