- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
With an MPH in environmental health sciences, you will be prepared to work in companies and agencies that are focused on occupational and environmental exposures to both chemical and physical agents. Many graduates with this MPH will work in environmental protection agencies, academia, health departments, hospitals, public interest agencies, and also private industry.
There are both online and on site programs available in this specialty and they are noted below.
- Capella University: (This Program is 100% Online. Highly Recommended) With your Master of General Public Health, and with concentrations in Health Management and Policy, and Social and Behavioral Sciences, you will gain a deeper knowledge of the concepts of public health, the practices and theories and also improve your ability to work with other people in both the private and public sector whose work is often in the arena of public health. The curriculum focuses on public health concepts in the environment, the principles of biostatistics and epidemiology, and public health administration. This is one of the most well rounded Online MPH programs for future careers in private and public sectors.
- University of Liverpool: (Highly Recommended & 100% Online!) This international track of this Masters in Public Health stresses a total analysis of infectious diseases, nutrition, environmental health, infrastructure of health care and health project management in an international atmosphere, particularly in Third World countries.
- New York Medical College: This program provides professionals with a total framework and the essential tools to recognize, address and mitigate the most serious environmental problems. You will learn all of the issues surrounding air and water quality, solid waste, and also environmental and industrial toxicology.
- West Virginia: You will learn the most important skills that you need to solve the most difficult environmental and occupational health issues. You will learn how environmental and occupational problems affect humans, and learn how to develop the skills to address the serious health consequences. You will need to do both an internship and practicum component.
- East Tennessee State: You will be prepared to understand the complex relationships between the chemical, biological and physical elements in the environment in which the human community lives. You will become highly proficient in assessing the environmental needs of the community, by engaging in the collection, analysis and reporting of key data.
- University of Massachusetts: This is more of a broad-based online MPH that still provides a great deal of knowledge on environmental science. You also will study biostatistics, epidemiology, genomics, global health, leadership, informatics, health policy and management, ethics, and cultural competence.
- Yale: This program will give you the very latest scientific information that describes the etiology of many health conditions that are caused by environmental exposure and will give you the skills to properly assess and abate the risk. You will study biostatistics, chronic and infectious diseases and their epidemiology, health systems, behavioral and social sciences and public policy.
- University of Michigan: This is one of the oldest programs of its type in the US. YOu will learn the knowledge and skills that you need in science, technology, policy and management to address the most pressing issues in both public and environmental health. Some of the branches you can study include air pollution, environmental chemistry, environmental health management, hazardous waste, radiation biology, and water quality.
- University of Washington: You are required to complete all core MPH courses, electives, practicum and a thesis project. Some of the classes include medical biometry, intro to epidemiology, society and health, fundamentals of environmental and occupational toxicology, environmental health reading, and hazardous waste management.
- University of Minnesota: The curriculum will stress the skills in science, technology, policy and management that you need to deal with the most pressing occupational and environmental problems. You may study a general program in environmental and occupational health, or focus on environmental health policy, infectious diseases, or environmental toxicology.
- Kent State University: You will learn about the environmental factors that affect the health of a population. You also will gain the skills and the knowledge so that you can come up with practical ways to mitigate the effects of the most harmful environmental problems. You learn how to do lab analysis of contaminants, develop strong plans to get communities able to respond to disasters, and more.
- George Washington University: Students arrive here with a passion for promoting public health, and will leave with the technical skills that they need to make workplaces, communities and the environment more healthy and safer. Classes will address the immense challenges behind the most pressing environmental challenges.