<!- /mfunc feat_school ->
George Washington University
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Purdue University Global
Featured Program: online Master of Public Health
Arizona State University
Featured Program: Online Bachelor of International Public Health
Gillings School of Global Public Health
Featured Program: The MPH Leadership concentration at UNC, designed for current and aspiring public health professionals alike, prepares students to lead teams, projects, organizations and systems in pursuit of better health outcomes. Through a curriculum that emphasizes design-thinking and system-thinking skills, students will learn how to critically evaluate challenges, mobilize diverse teams and accomplish large-scale change.
Natural disasters and catastrophes pose a great risk to communities in the 21st century, so there is a great demand for highly skilled professionals who can both manage and mitigate their effects. Getting a master’s degree in public health that is focused on disaster management will help you to prepare for an exciting and rewarding career in this growing area of public health. The programs listed below are both online, traditional and certificate, which are all noted. A certificate program in disaster management is a great way to get you on your way to earning your MPH.
- Capella University: (This Program is 100% Online. Highly Recommended) With your Master of General Public Health, and with concentrations in Health Management and Policy, and Social and Behavioral Sciences, you will gain a deeper knowledge of the concepts of public health, the practices and theories and also improve your ability to work with other people in both the private and public sector whose work is often in the arena of public health. The curriculum focuses on public health concepts in the environment, the principles of biostatistics and epidemiology, and public health administration. This is one of the most well rounded Online MPH programs for future careers in private and public sectors.
- University of North Carolina: This one year certificate program teaches you how to grasp the key issues that are facing disaster managers today, and also the most important analytical tools you will use to gauge risk. You also will learn what the roles are of the local, state and federal governments in dealing with disasters. <!- mfunc search_btn -> <!- /mfunc search_btn ->
- Tulane University: In this 45-hour master’s of public health program, you will learn how to apply scientific principles to prevent, detect and mitigate public health disasters; conduct public health analysis to solve major health problems; apply public health science practice and principles to best address health threats; and protect communities and vulnerable populations from disasters.
- University of Florida: The MPH with a concentration in global disaster management will turn you into a highly trained professional who will be able to better manage and direct programs that will help to cut global public health threats.
- University of Massachusetts: This is a fellowship that is offered through the medical school that is designed to provide you the best training in both disaster medicine and emergency management. After you complete this two year fellowship, you are expected to complete your MPH.
- University of Sheffield (UK): You will develop a broad grasp of the knowledge, issues and management principles of emergency and disaster planning, as well as preparation and response.
- Metropolitan College of New York: This program is actually a master’s of public administration in emergency and disaster management. This program will cover all of the areas that are critical in dealing with emergency situations: planning, management, logistics, response, relief, recovery and economics.
- Wright State: This MPH with an emergency preparedness track will provide emergency and disaster training to people in a wide range of public health-related careers. You will learn about the effects that emergencies have on public health, medicine, terrorism and politics. <!- mfunc search_btn -> <!- /mfunc search_btn ->
- University of Alabama-Birmingham: This MPH will cover all hazard preparedness topics, including response organization, event typologies, leadership/management, hazard/risk assessment policy, and evaluation/risk communication.