- Online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Complete in as few as 12 months.
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health. No GRE required.
- Master of Public Health Online: Specialize in Community Health | No GRE Required
- Online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics. Complete in as few as 20 months. GRE waivers available
- Online Master's in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
The epidemiology field is expected to grow by twenty four percent over the next ten years. Add to that the fact that this field is high paying and also allows you to drive forward the overall health quality of the global population and it becomes clear why so many different people choose to pursue a degree in this field.
Of course, not all degrees are created equally and it’s a good idea to take a few minutes and learn which schools are the best for earning a degree from. There are numerous things to take into consideration when doing so. Some of the key things to keep in mind include the following:
- Acceptance rate – The more students accepted, the better your chances of gaining acceptance. However, higher acceptance rates could mean less one on one time with a professor.
- Accreditation – Without accreditation a degree simply won’t matter, so it’s vital to find the right one.
- Respect of The School – Some may not want to admit it, but the fact remains that some schools are simply better regarded than others.
- SAT Scores – The SAT Scores of the student body is reflective of quality as well.
- Options for Specialization – The ability to specialize in numerous areas of study within the epidemiology field is also important.
The following Online Masters of Public Health Degrees are fully accredited with Available Tracks in Epidemiology:
Featured Online School Offerings
With all of those factors in mind, here are seven of the very best Epidemiology degrees you can choose to earn.
- Emory University – No matter which of the specializations you choose, Emory University has one of the best levels of respect of any epidemiology department. The school allows several different specializations, an acceptance rate of 27 percent, and an average SAT of 2070.
- UNC Chapel Hill – This school has one of the most respected epidemiology departments in the nation. Students can enroll in global epidemiology specializations as well as other options like nutritional epidemiology.
- Wake Forest University – Wake Forest also offers excellent epidemiology programs in a variety of areas of study and boasts a small student body for one on one time with professors.
- Harvard University – Harvard has one of the most famous names in all of education, and its epidemiology degree is excellent as well.
- Yale – Another Ivy League School, Yale provides an in-depth education and a respected, accredited epidemiology degree. Numerous areas of specialization area available as well.
- University of Washington – This school’s epidemiology program allows students to work with researchers from various government agencies and offers a respected education in the field.
- University of Minnesota – This school features a small total enrollment and full accreditation, along with numerous specializations. It’s another great choice.
When enrolling in a program, these are the seven best concentrations you can earn:
- MPH in Epidemiology
- MPH in Nutritional Epidemiology
- MPH in Chronic Disease Epidemiology
- PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology Concentration
- MPH in Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology
- MPH in Molecular Epidemiology of Cancer
- MPH in HIV and Aids Infection Epidemiology