Blogs have changed the world. There’s never before been such a great way to read opinions, news, and thoughts from all areas of a subject. And when you consider just how broad and diverse the public health field is, it just makes sense that looking into the various blogs within the field is a good idea. There are plenty of great blogs out there that will give you all the information you could hope for in the public health field. Here’s a look at 101 of the very best ones you can choose from.
Research drives a huge portion of the public health field, and keeping up with the public health field is important for anyone in the field. These blogs make it easy to keep up with the latest research developments.
- Superbug – This site focuses on the ongoing battle against MRSA.
- Healthcare Economist – This blog is operated by an economist and focuses on the developments in Medicare and the insurance market.
- American Society for Nutrition – In depth look at the latest research in the nutrition field.
- Alliance for Aging Research – Focusing on the public health research field as it relates to aging.
- Hard Science – A blog devoted to the UNC Biomedical research program.
- Public Health Grid, Research and Development– A look into the research and development of numerous health problems prevalent at the moment.
Health Care Policies and Industry
These blogs focus on the overall health care industry including its policies and practices. These blogs look at all areas of it including reform, policies, and more.
- Health Care Renewal – Focused on health care reform and the issues surrounding it.
- Health Beat – Provides info on the latest developments in the world of health care reform.
- User’s Guide to the Health Reform Galaxy – This blog focuses on all of the factors relating to public policy and health care reform.
- The Health Care Blog – Promising to provide answers to all of your questions about the health care system, this blog also accepts questions from visitors.
- Healthcare Technology News – This blog provides the most recent developments in public health and technology
- Dr. Buttery’s Public Health Blog – Provides a total look on health policy and expert analysis on how it could impact you.
- Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review – This program mainly focuses on the health care bill, but covers other areas as well.
- Health Care Industry Buzz – This blog gives you all the latest info on the latest developments in the insurance, funding, and reform areas of the industry
- Prescriptions – This blog, from the New York Times, provides a closer look at the health care debate and its impact on prescriptions.
News and Alerts
Keeping up with the latest news in the public health field can be difficult since there is literally always something coming up. Luckily, these blogs can make it easy to keep track of all the things going on out there.
Global Public Health
Obviously the field of public health isn’t confined to just this country. There are numerous global issues that confront us as well, and these blogs focus on all of those global issues.
These blogs are the ones that deal with diseases in its various forms.
These blogs take a look at the environment and its impact on the public health world.
These blogs focus on helping to improve the overall health and fitness of the population at large, whether through tips and tricks or through other steps.
- Cold Truth – This blog focuses on giving the truth about public health issues without focusing on the hype and the misinformation surrounding it.
- Well Blog – This blog is provided by the New York Times and provides a look at health, wellness, public policy, and related topics.
- Diet Blog – Gives information about weight loss, diet, and more.
- Women’s Health – Takes a special look at the health issues facing women and the various lifestyle issues that confront them.
- Consumer Reports Health – This blog is from Consumer Reports and deals with the various health issues in the marketplace and products that confront them.
- Managed Care Matters– A blog that looks at numerous things including health reform, worker’s compensation, and more.
Food, Pharm and Nutrition
These blogs deal with all of the various food and nutrition related topics out there and cover a variety of the information available. They also deal with drug safety and prescription issues.
- Barf Blog – Go into this blog on an empty stomach. It details all of the various food safety issues including E. Coli, food poisoning, and more.
- Piper Report – Provides a look at the newest pharmaceutical developments and news
- US Food Safety Blog – Provides up to date food alerts and all the latest news on food safety and food borne illnesses.
- Terra Sigillata – News, information, and links to numerous resources within the pharmaceutical world
- Marler Blog – Focuses on food poisoning and the litigation from it
- Hooked: Ethics, Medicine, and Pharma – A look at all the issues related to biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- eFoodAlert – Provides up to date information and alerts about food safety around the world. Visited by more than 190 countries.
- Drug Safety – Blog from CNN that focuses on drug safety.
- PharmaGossip – Provides discussion and news as well as flat out gossip. Not always accurate, but usually interesting.
- Drug Injury Watch – Looks at the latest in side effects, risks, and FDA Drug Safety Oversight
- Green Grapes Blog – Ran by a registered dietician, this blog offers tips on nutrition, weight loss, and healthy lifestyle changes.
- Great Eatpectations – Provides an in-depth look at healthy living, recipes, and more.