There are hundreds of colleges and universities in United States which offer Masters in the field of Public Health. While some of these programs are campus-based others are offered online. In fact, online mph programs have become immensely popular in recent times due to improved access to the internet and flexibility of the programs.
Factors to Consider
- Accreditation of the program
- Credibility and qualifications of faculty members
- Curriculum and type of program
- Length of the program
- Enrollment and completion criteria
10 of our Favorite CEPH MPH Programs Online
It is important to gather all the information and choose wisely. Here is the list of 10 online Public Health programs that have been accredited by the Council on Education on Public Health include:
- University of New England- (Featured & Highly Recommended) Take a new step in your education with University of New England. We offer a CEPH-accredited Master of Public Health degree program that can be completed entirely online. With our online program, you’ll have the flexibility to study part-time or full-time, when and where it’s convenient for you.
- *University of Southern California – (Featured & Highly Recommended) The University of Southern California‘s Master of Public Health (MPH) online program is designed to prepare the next generation of public health leaders. Offered through the highly regarded Department of Preventative Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, students in the program are directly connected to state-of-the-art facilities and the latest breakthrough research at this acclaimed institution. One of the world’s leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Loma Linda University – The Loma Linda University’s School of Public Health also offers online postgraduate programs in Public Health. Students pursuing online programs may specialize in Health Education or Population Medicine. Most students require about three years to complete the degree.
- University of Illinois, Chicago – University of Illinois at Chicago is one of the first universities to offer an accredited, online program in Public Health. The Master’s Program in Community Health Sciences can be completed in 2 years upon full-time enrollment.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst – The fully accredited, 100 percent online program offered by the University is supervised and implemented by faculty members with more than 10 years of experience. The enrollment is easy. You may complete the program in three years.
- University of Minnesota – University of Minnesota offers several programs in Public Health including an accredited, online Masters in Public Health program. The core competencies and specializations offered by the University include biostatistics, environmental health, nutrition, medicine and epidemiology.
- University of South Florida – The University of South Florida offer three different Masters of Public Health programs with specializations in Health Practice; Health Administration; and Global Disaster Management and Humanitarian Relief. The faculty will use a variety of media including streaming media, web conferencing, blogs, podcasting, and discussion forums.
- Medical College of Wisconsin – The Medical College of Wisconsin also offers accredited, online Masters of Public Health program. The program requires 42 credit courses, which are completely offered online.
- West Virginia University – You may also consider the fully-accredited, online Master of Public Health offered by West Virginia University. The program is designed for healthcare professionals who wish to evaluate and implement programs that impact the health of the public.
- Northern Illinois University - NIU’s online content has been developed by doctorally prepared faculty with professional experience in public health. When you enroll in the Online MPH program, you’ll earn the same quality degree as students in our traditional, on-campus program.
- *George Washington University – (Featured & Highly Recommended) The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services (SPHHS) is now offering MPH@GW, an online Master of Public Health (MPH). With classes developed and delivered by GW’s world-class faculty, MPH@GW features the same rigorous academics and selective admission criteria as on-campus MPH programs offered by SPHHS. CEPH Accredited. [[EXCLUSIVE - Read our Interview with GW.edu]]