Boulder, CO 80301
MPH Program Overview
The MPH program from the University of Colorado provides students with numerous options for concentration areas, including many that aren’t available in any other MPH program around the country. The program is campus based and is taught at three different collaborative campuses. Each of the different campuses offers different areas of concentration, so students will need to identify their area of interest and match it to the campus they’ll be attending. The program can be completed in two years but part time students will be able to finish their education in five years or less.
MPH Curriculum and Courses
Essentially, the programs offered by the University of Colorado will consist of a core curriculum that is shared between the various specializations but will also feature numerous classes that are specific to each concentration area. Additionally, a practicum and capstone are required meet the course requirements. The areas of concentration include:
• Animals, People, and the Environment
• Applied Biostatistics
• Community Health Education
• Community and Behavioral Health
• Health Communication
• Environmental and Occupational Health
• Public Health Nutrition
• Health Systems, Management, and Policy
• Physical Activity and Health Lifestyles
Those applying for acceptance into the MPH program here will need to submit several different things. These include:
• Transcripts from undergraduate studies that show at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and the earning of a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
• GRE scores
• A personal essay that details the student’s careers goals and how the program fits into it, as well as prior experience and how it impact a student’s role in the program.
• A completed application
• Resume or CV
MPH Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for the MPH program is charged by the credit hour. Residents of the state pay 410 dollars per credit hour while nonresidents pay 1,152 dollars per credit hour. There are numerous programs, scholarships, and grants that can help pay for college as well as many excellent loans.