Milken Institute School of Public Health
Gillings School of Global Public Health
A master’s of public health with a focus on health education will teach you about to the educational, interpersonal, community and legislative issues that will better promote the best health behaviors in the community. When you graduate with this MPH, you will be able to obtain a job as a community health educator in many different places, in both public and private institutions. You will be prepared to conduct community assessments, design and implement health education interventions, organize promotions of public health, work in research and to help people use technologies to enact health behavior changes. Programs with the health education concentration are available in both online and traditional on site formats.
- Capella University: (This Program is 100% Online. Highly Recommended) With your Master’s in Public Health you will gain a deeper knowledge of the concepts of public health, the practices and theories and also improve your ability to work with other people in both the private and public sector whose work is often in the arena of public health. The curriculum focuses on public health concepts in the environment, the principles of biostatistics and epidemiology, and public health administration. This is one of the most well rounded Online MPH programs for future careers in private and public sectors.
- Benedictine University: (100% Online. Highly Recommended) You will gain the tools that you need to become highly knowledgeable in topics that are relevant to health care and public health. You will learn the best ways in which to promote public health through the dissemination of critical health education.
- Loma Linda University: You will learn to assess the needs of the community and be able to plan strong health education plans; collaborate with others to educate the public about health; apply research findings in public health to health education practice, and give leadership for public health projects.
- Berkeley: In this online program, you will study the core areas of public health education, and also biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health,and health services management. You will take health and social behavior, program planning and development, health care organization, health policy management, and strategic management.
- San Jose State: This online program features courses in contemporary practice, groups and training, health behavior, health promotion, leadership for health professionals, and applied data analysis.
- University of Wisconsin: The online MPH in health education will teach you the critical competencies of public health education; give you the the chance to develop public health values, concepts and ethical practice; and turn you into a leader and to serve as a resource to address emerging public health problems.
- University of Massachusetts: This will help both health education and nutrition professionals solve the most complex health and nutrition problems and to give needed services to vulnerable population groups. You will learn to solve the most common community-based health problems, including chronic diseases, malnutrition and obesity.
- New Mexico State University: This is a 49 credit hour program in community health education, and will prepare you for employment in many state and federal agencies, and also in community-based health organizations.
- University of North Carolina-Greensboro: This is a 45-hour program that will result in an MPH in public health education. This program stresses the practical application of the findings of research to health problems and good public health education. You will study health education, health analysis, statistics in public health, environmental health, community health interventions and the management of community health organizations.
- University of San Francisco: This program goes all year round and will take you six semesters to finish. The focus of the program is on health promotion and education so that you will be able to take on a major leadership position upon graduation in health education in the public arena.